Bespoke Power Unit
MGR Fluid Power was awarded a contract to design and manufacture a hydraulic power unit (HPU) to supply fluid to a ring main in a materials test facility. The specification was;
- Supply 560 l/min of flow at pressures up to 250 bar.
- Offline filtration and cooling system to remove 200 kW of heat.
- High pressure pump to supply fluid at 700 bat pressure.
- System monitoring and display.
Our solution was;
- 132 kW IE3 400/3/50 electric motors powering pressure compensated axial piston pumps. There were three pumps, one on standby.
- Pressure filter and vented relief manifold.
- Offline filtration system with 3 micron filters and two off air blast coolers removing a maximum of 200 kW of heat.
- 2500 litre reservoir with a return line filter, level & temperature switches and 6 micron breather.
- 15 kW IE3 400/3/50 electric motor powered a high pressure check ball pump supply 15 l/min of flow at 700 bar.
- Pressure transmitters and flow meters on each pump, displayed on a panel.
- Electrical starter and control panels
- Site installation, including the electrics and pipework.
← Read other articles